Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Carlisle, SC
April 14, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When I get a muscle spasm, I found that deep breathing meditation usually gets it to subside quickly. I have been coughing alot and sinusitis from all of the spring pollen. Flonase helps my nose and cough syrup at night helps with the coughing.

April 21, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had this very often and some people explain this like a Charlie horse in the ribs or lung. It is called Costochondritis which is inflammation of the rib muscles. Although it is commonly associated with arthritic diseases, lupus, Ankle Spondylitis just to name a few, many with COPD suffer from it because of the strain of constant coughing and the strain it puts on these muscles. Contact your physician as there are meds that can help and sometimes a bacterial infection could be an underlying cause as well.

April 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had some discomfort in my left lung area since having pnuemonia in 2010 followed 2 weeks later with a staph infection for a total of 16 days in hospital. I asked my Dr. if this was normal. He said "its not normal, but he did say its "not unusual". Since then I have progressed to Muscle spasms when I am having an exerbation or do too much. Can't remember if I coughed a lot before getting the spasms
Usually I I lay on my left side it helps. Hope this helps.

April 14, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

https://copd.net/living/community-feedback-rib-...
see this link even tho it offers no medical remedy

July 12, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
https://copd.net/living/community-feedback-rib-...?

May 25, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bowling Green, KY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lakewood, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Imperial, MO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In