Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 22, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My throat makes me nuts......I have to clear it constantly, and it doesn't always completely clear. My family & friends are getting tired of listening to me clearing my throat. Doctor suggested mucinex but that hasn't really helped. I do drink a lot of water, but also no great help. I haven't smoked in 15 years, so it's not that. My voice always sounds scratchy, a little hoarse when I talk.....I no longer have my normal voice. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let us know.

August 27, 2015 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

my dr satd sinus infection gave me amoxicillin and prednisone it is helping

August 23, 2015 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Drink lots of water at room tempreture it helps thin the mucus and is easier to dispel i drink about 4 glasses a day hope that helps have a good day everyone dorothy hartlepool UK

June 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Mullen Lung Complex will reduce the amount of phlegm somewhat I take three every morning.

May 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was just talking to Lung Function Tech about this earlier this week. No offense to men, as I am a woman but, I sound like a really old man trying to clear his throat in the mornings (I sound like my departed father actually) except that it is all day long. Mine is from sinus and I do have a dry cough but nothing comes up from my lungs and I can really only clear my throat to get rid. It is ok at home but out in public, not something I want others to have to hear. I may give a decongestant a try and see if that helps.

May 31, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In