Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I get these horrible muscle spasms, mainly on the right side of abdomen. They are so severe that it almost incapacitates me. It happened one day when I was driving home, I had to pull over, its like my body freezes up.

September 5, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I too get them and was told it was due to some of my medications. I use a nebulizer and they really help me over the inhalers. I guess I'll just deal with the pain because the other medicines help so much. But, after saying that, it could be your liver so you need to get it checked out. The liver filtes all your medications, impurities ect from your body. Make sure your have it checked out, A simple blood test can tell if there is a problem.

September 7, 2015 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get them quite regularly most often when I am active and bend over perhaps to pick up something off the floor or low down. It takes about 30 seconds for it to subside and I also get cramps in my hands often when I am driving. Luckily it isn't in both hands when that happens. I do think drinking more water helps and unfortunately I don't like plain water -

September 6, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also get these spasms. told Dr, about it, but he never really said anything about them. They are awful Now I know what they ae from. Thanks everybody

September 22, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I occasionally get them as well

September 6, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had them and went to my PD. He sent me to every kind of Dr you can think of and they could find nothing wrong. After joining this web site I saw how many people suffer with this. Last time I went,,I told him that in case he would like to know, it was a part of the copd. I think he thought I was a mental case. I drink a lot of water now and that seems to help.

September 6, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bowling Green, KY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Salem, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fayetteville, AR