Has anyone here had stem cell Therpy/transplant?
If you're considering stem cell therapy, be very sure you know what you're getting. At the moment, while stem cell therapy has proven to be helpful in some diseases, there's no clinically proven treatment that makes any difference at all with COPD. There's no scientific evidence to indicate that people who have had stem cell therapy have had any clinical improvement in their condition. There are currently several different stem cell trials that are listed at www.clinicaltrials.gov All of them are designed only to show that the procedure isn't harmful to humans; none have the intent of providing clinical evidence that the treatment improves anyone's COPD by any recognized measure. I know of only one that is being completed at a research site by an academic institution; the rest are being conducted by for profit companies. Most of them require the patient to pay for the treatment, usually upward of $5000 per treatment.
I talked to the stem cell people they wanted $10,000 for treatment for me. I have since had a clinical trial to have valves placed in my lung and it cost nothing! The valve company paid for it all including a five day hospital stay in a private room. A true trial should be free, The stem cell people I feel are after people's money and pray on desperate people that can not breathe!
I am doing great and the Valves are now FDA approved so they are available to the public
I’m getting tested now for the valves,. How did it change your condition?
How did you gind this trial. Are you still doing well with it?