Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 14, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I drink around 14 units a week.
It helps me forget the Copd.
No negative effects on the illness.

April 30, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am a alcoholic but have things under control , if I do have a drink I'm ok whilst drinking but I find that the day after I struggle with my breathing, hence which has led to me drinking less and less plus I don't enjoy it anymore as I've had quite a few anxiety/panic attacks and has made me wary , so I guess it's each to there own.......Like the copd x x

September 25, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I drink, usually wine or scotch. Too much can depress breathing, so being an alcoholic isn't recommended.

September 14, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I drink my COPD is ok with it

October 11, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I quit drinking and smoking 27 years ago.

January 17, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kernersville, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kenosha, WI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL