Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 22, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was able to get it with 1st try! I was 58 and after you are on social security disability for 2 years they automatically put you on Medicare! Age doesn't matter with this

September 24, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have severe COPD and degenertive ( don't think that is spelt right) disc disease. and I was approved for my social security at 49. When I turned 50. I had to claim under my deceased husband.

September 24, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am 51 and have been on disability 2 years for copd on am on 0/2 24/7 at 3 liters

September 22, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It depends on your PFT results. If you're liters blown are low enough, you qualify. Try this site:
http://www.disability-benefits-help.org/disabli...

September 22, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

yes, I got on disability in my 50s and then it transferred over to ss when I was old enouh was fairly easy. hope that helps

December 2, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jackson, TN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bermuda Dunes, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rogers City, MI

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In