I have heard so much about stem cell therapy and I am willing to try it. Does anyone know if insurance covers it and if they don't do you possibly know of an organization that sponsors it? I hope someone has some answers for me because I feel sometimes I feel like I am going to die when I climb stairs.
If you can please help me with info.
Stem cell treatment has not produced any scientific or clinical evidence that it makes any difference in the progression of the disease. There is no data that supports its efficacy: no changes in FEV1, no reductions in exacerbations or med usage after two months, no increases in the six minute walk distances, no nothing. Insurance will not pay for it nor will Medicare. Medicare and insurance will pay for LVRS and transplants which costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, but won't pay for stem cell treatments that are at max $3,000 to $10,000 each. That really ought to be a red flag that there's nothing of value here! The places that offer it aren't going to do it for free. In fact, even when the treatment is part of a clinical trial, you pay. That should be another red flag. In any good clinical trial, they should pay you, not the other way around.
You would do far better to invest in a membership in a gym and get in better shape through exercise, diet and a loot of activity. That will also help with going upstairs. There are techniques you can use to get you to the top of the stairs without feeling like you'[re going to die soon.
Stem cell therapy is BS. The best Bly thing that has helped me breath easier is my meds and exercise
I've been checking various solutions.
Stem cell option usually works for arthritis; not proven for lungs. Lung removal or replacement only done if you r status qualifies, & may cause further problems. Bronchiothermoplasty seems like best choice. The air tube ends are reopened, but like all other "cures" may cause further problems.
I have a friend that went thru it. I don't see much change she has copd went thru it about 6montheago
I have used regular gyms for years for exercise. I travel a lot and have probably put more miles on hotel treadmills than most people. I use O2 and no one even looks at me funny. The liability they have is NOT letting you in. Go back and talk to them. They don't have to provide anything forgot butaplace to work out.