Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Timmins, ON
January 26, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

With God's help I hope to have quality of life for as long as I live.

January 28, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Even at stage 4 people can live for a very long time, it depends what we are going to do to help ourselves. I never think about it, I just thank God for every day, why I might go across the road tomorrow and get hit by a bus , or a taxi. Think the more you think about it, going to get u in the dumps, and come on, each day is a blessing. Lots of people are worse off then us, my husband was younger than me, no way did we think he would die first, look what happened. Get on with living God,s got it all planned out. Enjoy these days.

January 27, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A very long time. There are people who've lived for 40 or 50 years with COPD. A lot of it depends on what sort of shape you're in when you're diagnosed, what you're willing to do to get healthier and to stay healthy, how much you learn about COPD and how to control and manage it, and there's a bit of luck built in. I've had COPD since 1985, and I'm still going strong. I work out every day, I travel regularly for business, usually twice a month, I consult in my professional field and I'm a COPD patient advocate. I've been lucky, but I've also worked really hard to stay healthy.

January 26, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It depends on the person ,I was first told about about this condition when I was 48 and I am now 69 .I quit smoking when I was 50 .I had to retire at 60 and I have 34% lung function

January 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had COPD/Emphysema for 31 years. Many up and downs however most of the time life has been good. Quit smoking as soon as I was diagnosed and I believe I would not be alive now if I had not stopped. Take care of yourself and wear a mask in the winter months when going out and being around a lot of people. Take care and breath easy. Dianne xx

January 27, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Deltona, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glidden, WI