Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Darlington, SC

I love my full mask last night it made noises like it was faring (sorry ) what can I do to stop it, I was told it's not uncommon, any tricks or tips

January 26, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the same problem. I adjust the straps and wash the mask and face before putting it on, to remove oils.

January 26, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes. As I posted earlier if you cut a piece of cloth large enough to double over and still be bigger than your mask, and cut hole-slit-oval-whatever where your nose and mouth will be and place it between the mask and your face-it will go a long way to correcting little noise makers.

January 26, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't wear a full mask mine just fits over the nose but at times it gets pushed to one side or the other and it leaks, Just mess with it till it fits tight. It doesn't do you any good if it leaks.

January 27, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My therapists tell me to get the soft part of the full mask replaced every month. They stretch out. Insurance pays. If it still doesn't seem right I believe its an adjustment that you can do yourself. Play around with it until you get it figured out. Enjoy :)

January 26, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I can only use mine without a noise if I sleep flat on my back with the head of the bed raised.

January 27, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ohatchee, AL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Salem, OH