Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

Does anyone experience dry exacerbation?? I don't have any wet cough or sever amount of phlem. I just can't process or get any air. no wheezing but a decline in oxy levels. they have done cardiac work up and checked for blood clots a few times but to no avail. does this sound familiar to anyone. i am so tire of this situation I also have pulmonary hypertension. and a handful of other issues like high blood preasure. any ideas .

February 15, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree...Pulmonary Hypentension is quite complicated to treat so it is paramount you get to work with both pulmo and cardiac specialist.....Do you have a Classification...as in a Echocardiogram.?

Class I. Although you've been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, you have no symptoms.
Class II. You don't have symptoms at rest, but you experience fatigue, shortness of breath or chest pain with normal activity.
Class III. You're comfortable at rest, but have symptoms when you're physically active.
Class IV. You have symptoms even at rest.
.................................................................................................

With the No Wheeze but No Airflow thru a Stethoscope, is what recently happened to me. It was a Bronchial Tube Blockage caused by build up of excess sticky mucous, that narrowed the air passages so much that airflow was very limited...This caused a serious drop in my usually high oxygen levels......Lots of Prednisone was the only way to clear it.....

This is only MY OPINION so Please see your Medical Team and hope you find a solution....

February 15, 2016 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

How are they treating your pulmonary hypertension? What does your pulmo say? Have your pulmo and your cardio talked with each other?

February 15, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the same problem. Mine gets so bad I have to be hospitalized for a few days. I too have been through tests for my heart and blood clots. I am in a clinical trial that starts in March for exaserbation. I have finished one already but it was for copd with trial meds. I seem to be doing better than before. These trials are very good. I learn so much. I would advise anyone with copd to check into them.

February 17, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't have a wet cough either in fact it is very hard for me to get phlem or mucus to come up at all. But I start to wheeze real bad and can hardly breath. I did a cat scan and 66% of my lungs right now are a solid mass of phlem and mucus.

February 19, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the same problem the last time i have a bad cough and could not stop then I passed. I don't have an answer

February 16, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Heyburn, ID