Fine in the airplane. It's when my husband gets off has SOB
Sats refer to your O2 saturation levels, which can be measured by an oximeter. That's the gizmo ty=hey put on your finger at the doc's office. You can purchase your own so you can keep track of your sats. If your sats regularly go below 88 either at rest or with activity, you need supplementary O2. It's important to know what your sats are on a regular basis because if they go below 88 for long periods of time, you are courting right side heart failure (cor pulmonale), secondary pulmonary hypertension and brain damage. You don't want any of those things.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member Hi I live in surrey, I've had copd for 14 years.
Funny you should mention pulmonary hypertension. I was diagnosed with that at just about the same time I was told I had COPD. Managed with pills and as of now not a big problem.
Short of Breath. His sats have probably been low on the airplane, and when he moves, he gets SOB because he's moving. A wheelchair would help a lot.
I am sorry but I don't know what SOB is.