Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 14, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded with care and practical tips for someone dealing with shortness of breath while on oxygen and Trelegy. Several members... Read more

Members responded with care and practical tips for someone dealing with shortness of breath while on oxygen and Trelegy. Several members suggested slowing down, resting, and practicing pursed lip breathing, with one member sharing a breathing count technique (inhale for 5, exhale for 10) that helped raise their oxygen level from 82 to 96. A recurring theme was being gentle with yourself, not pushing through activity, and letting your body catch up at its own pace.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I started doing breath in for a count of 5 and out for 10 or count as much as can then out for twice number breathe in forstarted doing this when had anesthesia for cancer treatment in throat it was one of the nurses that said to try it took oxygen level from 82 to 96 in no time now I do this automatically hope this helps you

April 17, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good advice, @A MyCOPDTeam Member! There's always tomorrow...hopefully! It's best to get up and be somewhat active even if it is getting out and going for a little walk. Take care! ๐Ÿ˜€ John Mon PM

April 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Slow Down dont push yourself if you have to then stop and catch your breath and let your body catch itself back up

April 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Take a rest sit it out and fhen sit it out again, give your body time to readjust

April 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

In that I only experience SOB when exerting myself without oxygen, I can't offer much other than well wishes and words of support. Do you think your SOB could be related to pollen, this time of year? Or humidity?

I've had bouts of seemingly oxygen starvation -- even *before* I was diagnosed with COPD (and related maladies}. But these were only temporary, and went away after several days of discomfort. But, now, since I'm on oxygen 24/7 ('cept when taking breaks from it), I haven't anything noteworthy to report.

Best of luck! Cheers and hugs! Phil 4/14

April 14, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Terre Haute, IN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Austintown, OH