Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cambridge, MA
March 22, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

oh i'm sorry @A MyCOPDTeam Member I was replying to someone else. i'm on 2 liters in case of emergency ie exacerbation. Otherwise I rarely use it and never go out with it. Although I am sure that is coming.The only time I was ever on 10 L was in ICU when they were taking me off the BI Pap after going into resperatory failure. After going through that I can't imagine being on that much at home.(Hugs)

March 28, 2016 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member - I'm on oxygen 24/7 - during sleep and while sitting reading, whatever, the setting is 2 lpm - when I am active, i.e., walking from the living room to the kitchen, any movement at all and the setting is 6 lpm - I don't believe there's a portable concentrator that goes up to 10L - I have a stationary one that does go to 10L - out of curiosity, have you been told you require 10L?

March 27, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Do they make portable concentrators that go up to 10L? I'm new with the oxygen so I was just wondering (Hugs)

March 25, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Pressurized reservoirs (tanks) cannot be taken on airplanes. They are dangerous at high (flying) altitudes. Explosive hazards.

March 25, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They don't make portable oxygen concentrators using pulse dose (only delivers oxygen on inspiration) with high liter flows (>4 liters) 2-3 liters is ideal. You should try a nasal cannula with an oxygen reservoir if you don't have one. At 10 liters you will have to take multiple tanks which is not convenient but it's the best you can do with that high of flow. Good luck.

March 24, 2016

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In