My oxygen level is good when Iam sitting, but as soon as I get up and move around it drops 10 points. Does that mean my oxygen intake should be higher. I know the answer will have to come from my Doctor, but just wondering about everyone else oxygen 24/7
It depends on what it drops to, Kathi. If it's dropping below 88, that essentially is telling you that you need O2 for exertion and exercise. The only way to increase your O2 intake is to have supplemental O2, and if you need it, you should get it and use it. Letting your O2 sats drop like that regularly and stay low while you're doing things is an invitation to right heart failure and brain damage. You don't want either.
Talk with your doc ASAP. Let him know where your O2 sats are going and get tested for supplemental O2. You heart and brain will thank you.
I too do this, but I am slowly trying to do more walking. increasing the time spent walking every few days