Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
MyCOPDTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA
June 17, 2016
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared a wide variety of tips for remembering to take their medications, with the most common approach being weekly pill organizers... Read more

Members shared a wide variety of tips for remembering to take their medications, with the most common approach being weekly pill organizers sorted by morning and evening doses. Many community members described pairing their meds with daily habits like morning coffee, brushing teeth, or feeding pets to build a consistent routine. A recurring theme was using phone alarms labeled with specific medication names, keeping inhalers in visible spots, and asking pharmacies to prepare blister packs or dosette boxes.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have 4 weekly medication boxes that I fill when I get my meds and I am good to go for 1 month. The box I have allows me to remove one day's supply to take with me when I am on the go.... I keep it and my inhalers in a zip top baggie that I just pick up on my way out of the door. I also keep 1 day's supply in my car for emergency use. I replace it about every 3 months. Hope this helps someone.

August 14, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I set the alarm on my iPhone. I also use the Health app on my iPhone to keep track of how often and when I use my rescue inhaler. It also has a Medical ID section which lists medical issues, insurance, allergies, medications including dosages and emergency contacts. This operates like a medic alert bracelet. It can be accessed without a password. Very useful in an emergency if patient is unconscious or in any other way unable to communicate.

June 21, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It is a concern that when we have a lot of regular meds to fit into a day and then temporary ones too, we can get mixed up. I've got it wrong sometimes which is why I'm now quite regimental in how I manage them.

Something I find very annoying and confusing is that when I collect my meds from the pharmacy, the pills may be in a completely different format ie the drug and dosage are correct but may be from a different manufacturer so boxes look quite different (eg Montelukast may come in a tub or blister pack) and the pills may be a different shape or colour.

I'm still pretty savvy but I wonder how people cope with this if they are struggling to keep a handle on it all.

June 20, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you for the info but my wife dishes out my pills for me night and morning , don't know what I would do with out her . Breathe easy

January 5, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

IF you check with your pharmacy you will find they will make up a card of pils you are taking on a card for you to take each day of the week for a month at a time.at no cost .I am doing this now and i have no trouble. Breathe easy and sleep well.

December 30, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Santa Clara, CA