Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mulberry, FL

I find myself not wanting to go out for lunch because it is just too much trouble to get dressed.
I hate to take a shower and dread it even more when I need to wash my hair.
I wear ox. whenever I go out and around the house when I walk or move.

August 22, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Use your O2 in the shower by draping the hose over the curtain rod. Get a shower chair. Use warm, not hot water. Leave the curtain or door open at the back. Find a small plastic table to put all shower equipment on, like soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Get a hand-held shower head. Get a terry robe so you can put it on and not have to dry off. Position a chair just outside the shower so you can sit down into your robe. All these things will help.

August 22, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Half the time i wash my hair in the kitchen sink. It makes the shower a lot shorter and I can do that hours after the shower or before if I want. It breaks up the bath time.

August 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

After always showering every morning I now skip some days if I'm not going out.
I have found that if I do my nebuliser before the shower, that helps but hair washing is very tiring. I have to do that in a minute. Out to lunch today.

August 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member. Very good recommendations for taking a shower.

August 24, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Feel the same way Toni. If I take a shower that's it for the day. I have to rest . Takes me a couple of hours to get dressed.....take my time and rest in between each piece of clothing.I have COPD and use an nebulizer, and have a couple of inhalers. In spite of it all I feel lucky to have gone this far and have lived to see so many things happen in the world. Lately it seems like a lot of bad in the world!

September 23, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Georgetown, IN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In