Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 17, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Patricia
This is typically of COPD , it really is good to exercise , ie yoga, walking Briskly, you will get breathless but what you will find when you do sit down you soon recover, but you need t maintain the exercise, speak to your Nurse /Dr about REHAB .
Take care
Eric
My thoughts R with you.

April 17, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes and bending down, vacuuming, gardening, lifting something like a bag of soil,
Changing the sheets, stepping up, etc. oy vay

June 29, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Most of us on this site have the same issues. I would almost Pass Out while Showering and drying off. I asked the same Question on here a Couple years ago. Someone said to Take warm Showers Not Hot Steamy ones and Wear my Oxygen, BIG DIFFERENCE. I would get Gassed Toweling of also, When Someone here suggested a Terry Cloth Robe, Bingo!! Now Showering is 90% better than before The o2 was the biggest improvement. I hope you get the Anxiety issues worked out also.

June 2, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi everyone!!! I, like many of us have serious problems taking a shower due to the humidity and heat in the bathroom. I tried showering yesterday and even though I used my inhalers and the exhaust fan in the bathroom was on but it was too much for me after about 5 minutes so I will not try it again. I find that I have agoraphobia too so I try to pace myself and do strenuous things first thing in the morning when I am at my best. I try to avoid stressful situations and doing too much at one time. There is nothing worse than a panic attack or getting upset to the point of being unable to breathe. There have been times where I have been angry and my emergency inhaler wont work for me and I have had attacks when driving and have had to pull over. That is very scary especially if I am alone in the car. I have learned to talk myself down to where I can catch my breath and recover without medical assistance but I have wound up in the E.R. as a result of prior attacks. I will take baths from now on and not rush. My primary doctor doubled my dosage of Sertraline last month because she felt that my anxiety was not being controlled adequately. I tried explaining what occurred that set me off to the point that I exhausted my patience twice in one week and set the offending parties straight due to the problems that sent me to a place that I just found to be unacceptable. Since then, I feel much more relaxed and have had no further issues. Hang in there, It will be alright. Love and HUGS!!!!

June 1, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I agree and I had a panic attack in the shower toward the end of 2021, and have been miserable almost every shower, until about 2 weeks ago when I started wearing my cannula in the shower because of people posting here that it's what they do. The first shower was almost anxiety free, even though I still struggle with panic, and agoraphobia with a little minor claustrophobia on the side. I don't enjoy showers and still put them off but never have the shortness of breath I was having before. One mention one day on this site and that is what is so amazing. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

April 17, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Syracuse, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Steinbach, MB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In