Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Trafalgar, IN

I have a question about Medicare. Does part A and part B pay for prescription drugs?

September 17, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Part A is for Hospital costs (around $1300.00 deductible). Part B is for Doctors they take $100.00 plus ?? out of your Social Security a month and there are deductibles there too. Part D is for drugs and you have to sign up for it, they take so much a month out for that too. It's good to have a supplemental insurance to help pay the deductibles and some may help pay for drugs. Hope this helps the Government will send you all the information.

September 25, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member. Yes I get mine the same way, until you get medical insurance then they won't give it to you, but I got Medical aid so I only have a $2 or $3 pay out of pocket and a $3.90 co pay at doctors. I just had my first eye surgery a day ago and didn't even have a co pay. Thank God.

September 21, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i get mine free through the companies my dr signed the applications for my script and i dont pay anything but its according what your income is

September 19, 2016 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No partD pays for it along with private insurance help

September 17, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member thank you. You really explained that so I can understand it.

September 26, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St. Paul, MN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Louis, MO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In