Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Belleville, IL

Does everyone with COPD have a chronic horrendous cough? OR is the cough related to asthma? I have the chronic all the time. I have found that some of the coughing spells are triggered by several different smells. Anyone else experience. I do have asthma as well as the chronic bronchitis. Thanks in advance for your comments.

November 21, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have asthma as well as COPD and I found out smells cause a lot of problems with SOB and and drinking something col like ice water causes me to cough hard. But you really should make sure it isn't something that you need antibiotics for

December 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Pineapple juice works great for the coughing.

November 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you don’t use Simply Saline to break up the post nasal drip, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, give it a try as I find it helps a lot to break up the congestion in my sinuses.

October 30, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

China2016. A persistent cough does go with chronic bronchitis. I have COPD and sever asthma. I live in Texas and there are many things that will set me off. Pollen and dust from cutting hay(i love in the country). My cough is dry but my eyes water all the time. This is allergies. Please check with your doctor for the proper treatment. I am on Spirva and Symbacort plus albuterol that is used with a nebulizer. The breathing treatment always works for me.

Easy breathing my friend.

October 30, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sometimes Green Tea, honey and lemon help me with the coughing.

January 7, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Broken Bow, OK