Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dartmouth, NS

Lately I have been having more trouble breathing. Going up stairs is difficult and I have to stop every half dozen steps to get my breath back. I've also noted that my heart seems to be have an irregular beat more often than I'm used to. I have coronary artery disease (I have a stent in my heart), but I also have COPD. As well, I have a 3.5 cm tumour in my right lung which I've been told is benign. I've had a heaviness in my chest lately as if something is sitting on my chest. Do these… read more

November 22, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good afternoon
Points to both
if lungs are packed with c02
Then you can't get enough oxygen to your heart

I know this has helped me a lot
Hope it helps you too

I found out when I went to respiratory therapy
That I was a retainer of c02
So until I could release the c02 nothing would work
Think of our lungs as sponges
It doesn't care what it sucks up
But when it's full
It won't suck up anything
Until we ring it out .
Same with the lungs
It doesn't care what it sucks up
When they are full
Nothing else goes in
Meds don't work right
Because they are not getting to the diseased
Part of the lungs
Remember as a kid blowing bubbles in milk
It helps release the c02
I got a hard plastic bottle with a lid
And a straw
Filled the bottle half way with room temperature
Filtered water
Inhaled through my nose
Exhale into the straw slowly
Using my diaphragm or belly
Making bubbles in the water
I do it before I take any meds
Start with 5 minutes
10 times a day
It's the First thing in the morning when I get up
And the last thing I do before bed
I Keep the straw in the bottle
Keep the lid on it
Carry it wherever I go
It helped me with
Pursed lipped breathing
So the more I use it the better I feel
Helps with anxiety and panic
And controls breathing
So I'm not hyper ventilating
I know it works for me
Good luck
In my prayers
Slow and steady we go
Never alone
Happy
Thanksgiving

November 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I live in Canada where we have free health care. Unfortunately, our wait times are crazy long. Just trying to get an appointment with one specialist can take months. I don't know how I would ever get two doctors in the same appointment unless I was in the hospital at death's door.

November 22, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You need to get your cardio and your pulmo together. Sometimes it's very difficult to determine what's causing the problems when you have both heart and lung issues. Get the two docs in the same room working on the same issue: what is the cause of the problem and what can they do in a nice priority order to try to determine what is going on.

November 22, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm no doctor but I once told a doctor in a hospital I had a hippo setting on my chest, his response was Get her an aspirin, put this under your tongue After things calmed down I was told I had a heart attack but it felt so much like an asthma attack. Don't self diagnose talk to your doctor.

November 22, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

you were very helpful, past week has not been good for me but I am going to try what you are doing to prevent the panic attacks

May 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Detroit, MI