Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oldsmar, FL

Ever since I was diagnosed with COPD and after I quit smoking, I find that I am super sensitive to perfumes and really strong smells including essentials oils being used in diffusers. Can anyone tell me why these things make my lungs feel like they are burning when it didn't before and when I was smoking. It literally was immediate. One day I wasn't affected by these things the next day I was. Because of how sudden and immediate it was, alot of people who knew me prior to COPD think I am… read more

December 9, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

OMG just last week I was wondering if any one else had sensitivity like I have. I can smell things now that I didn't smell before. Perfume, smoke, grass, dirt, you name it I can smell it. I use to love candles burning , now it would choke me.

December 20, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't get in elevators with anyone because they are wearing perfume
Every cleaning products I used to use are gone
We've gotten rid of the electric coil stove every time it would get turned on I would start coughing
Got a glass flat top
Got rid of all my rugs and cloth furniture
BBQ grills
Flowers
Almost everything
Prayers go out for us all
Slow and steady we go
Never alone

December 26, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

l can no longer stand perfumes or any kind of body sprays some foods the way they smell cooking mess's with my breathing too

December 10, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My sense of smell has gone completely wonky since I quit smoking. I've started smelling things that aren't there, like wood burning, or something spoiled, and sometimes perfumes or something sweet. I wonder if it has anything to do with my meds.

December 18, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, my sister does. Also shouldn't burn candles. I am very sensitive to cig. smoke or any kind of smoke.

December 19, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bloomington, IN