Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 26, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

yes it is. Are you washing your mouth out after inhaling? Not only does it take the taste out of your throat, it stops Thrush

August 26, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

the dryness is from the puffers unfortunately. Drink a lot of water before & after. Can't say if this works, but you'll be the most hydrated gal on the block. Also try sipping on one of the Cokes, I find it cleans my throat of that awful feeling. It's the only carbonated drink I find that works.. Good luck & find some sugarless sweet or you'll end up as fat as me : )

August 31, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have problems with taste and flavors being off. I'm sure it's from the nebulizer and inhalers. Also, I think it's another part of aging. Our sense of smell changes as we age which affects our taste.

January 20, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do wash my mouth out, but nothing tastes as sharp to me anymore, plus my mouth stays dry. I sip on water all the time or hard candy like butterscotch.

August 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

As I understand it, it is quite common for us with COPD to have diminished taste and smell, so another great effect of the disease that just keeps on giving. I could have misunderstood what I read, but I'm pretty sure it's @A MyCOPDTeam Member

November 12, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Walnut Creek, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In