Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hartlepool, UK

hi was told 4 year ago have mild copd .but last 2 year slightest cold leading to chest infections. and lost time at work .How can I avoid getting so many chest infections.

January 27, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had my Pulm. Dr. prescribe prednesone that I take when I first feel infection taking hold and when my phlegm starts to change color clear to yellow I start an antibiotic.

January 28, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

y doctor also has me on pednizone when I feel an infection coming on. and I take antibiotics 3 times a week.

February 5, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am looking for a treadmill so I can walk every day. I hope that helps.

January 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A good exercise program helps you become strong and have lots of stamina and energy. I started exercising in 2003, and I credit my aggressive exercise program with allowing me to continue to work full time until my planned retirement and now I work part-time for an international accrediting company and travel all over the US and Canada, usually twice a month by air. I'm 71, have severe COPD (FEV1 in the 30s), work out every day and really have a good life, For me, exercise is the key. A good sinus wash after every trip by air doesn't hurt, either.

January 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry lost the answer to finish. I try to avoid crowds in enclosed spaces, I avoid folks with even slight colds. Everyone is so considerate anyway as I also have heart failure. What I find a bit hard is it is stated that both will get worse, well so what so will getting older. I live in Derbyshire England , near Chatsworth House, folks worldwide seem to know it and it is so stunningly beautiful around here but can be cold a nd damp. Well in life you can not have everything. My live and best wishes to your great folks on this site.xxx

January 27, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Blackpool, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winter Haven, FL