Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
angelsey

My GP says I should get a identity bracelet with COPD and other health issues on and wear.
Has anyone else been told this.
I mentioned the cards you can get from here but she said they can be lost easy, but wearing
bracelet all the time was better.
Anyone have any thoughts please or been told this before
Thanks

February 6, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you go to amazon and put in medical bracelet or dog tag you will find a selection of different ones on there. Paul

February 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @Catbdahl I like you Suffer from COPD & Diabetes & have been taken into hospital on several occasions & had times when I've had surld speech so wearing dog tags with information on them & carry a copy of medications that I'm on in my wallet. So you see it helps people ambulance crews & medical staff at hospital to be able to treat your conditions more quickly. Hugs out to you & breathe easy. Paul

February 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I keep a list of meds in my p.o.c. That way I always have the list when out on the road 🏁

April 1, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Mine has suggested it as well but mostly because I have some serious allergies to certain meds. I am looking into though. I also carry a list of health concerns and meds I take in my wallet and in a magnetic folder on my fridge. I did this after I had a second adverse reaction to an arthritis medication.But I am considering the bracelet.Better safe than sorry.

February 18, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I wear a bracelet so would just need a pendant on it

February 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ponca City, OK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lake Mills, WI

MyCOPDTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In