Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

He had an exacerbation of the COPD at beginning of February and spent a week in hospital. Since then his breathing, sleeping and coughing have worsened. He was given a new inhaler called Anoro. he has had another infection 10 days ago and was on steroids and anti biotics for 6 days. Went to GP on Friday as breathing worse, was told ' well this is your life now. You have COPD'. He gave him another inhaler , Spiriva, that they took away from him in the hospital as they said it wasn't working for… read more

March 4, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

He needs a pulmonologist, not your GP. There are many different treatment programs that pulmos will be knowledgeable about that your GP will have limited or no knowledge of. Unfortunately, the sort of problems you're describing are very common, and you need a pulmonologist to help you figure out what's happening and develop a treatment plan that will work for him. COPD can create problems like this, but there are treatments that good pulmos will put in place that should help, and they can also make referrals to Pulmonary Rehab that will provide regular exercise and education regarding COPD. You can attend the educational program as well, and I would recommend that. Two sets of ears are much better than one!

March 4, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes that is why I call this a rollercoaster desease. I was diagnosed in November 2015, I was in the hospital but I felt great, they sent me home with oxygen. Since then I have been in the hospital 3 times, and on my death bed once. Now I have been good since December 2016, feeling almost back to normal, but I accepted that I sometimes cannot do what I used too. So I test and breathe. God bless you and breathe easy.

March 5, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I suggest you start doing intensive research on the effects of steroids and COPD and other treatments that are working. My husband went in the hospital, pumped full of steroids, sent home much worse. We have now taken matters into our own hands along with our primary Dr. and for the first time in over 6mos. was able to go to the mall and out to dinner with friends! He is now taking Daliresp, Azythromycin and inhaling CBD oil.
Life is so much better!!!

March 17, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Wow, there certainly is a lot of helpful info on this site. You just have to find what works the best for you. Like everything in life, what is right and works for one does not work for all. It is really great to know that there are so many options.

April 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

get to a lung Doctor You need more then what your getting !

March 27, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Willow Springs, MO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Akron, OH