Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huddersfield, UK

I was having a good day so got a taxi to my local pub, whist sat outside I stood up suddenly and collapsed losing consciousness for a few seconds. I gave my head a nasty crack and ended up having a 4cmX2cm (1 and half inch by 1 inch ish) abrasion, and ambulance was called and I ended up in hospital having my wound superglued - blood everywhere.

March 18, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I did. Had been being a bad girl. Not using my O2 at night. Not staying hydrated. I was tippling some. Okay, quite a bit! Stood up and down I went. . I have no memory of the ambulance coming or being in the hospital here. I was transferred by ambulance an Army Medical Center Hospital 3 hrs. away as the break in my left arm close to the socket (in 4 places) required surgery. They did not operate right away because they had to get my O2 sats and BP up. Some people do have what is called orthostatic hypotension, meaning their BP drops when they stand up. So taking it slow and allowing your body to adjust is key.

March 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have I was told make sure to eat lots of protein food and drink lots of water and it really does make a differents

March 30, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get close to fainting with exertion, sometimes have to stop for a while and calm down. Take it slow drop down a gear and conserve yourself. Works for me

March 20, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Cheers. Had check up, no concussion, think it was just getting up too quickly. I'm being extra careful now.

March 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I almost passed out in line at the grocery store. Went down to my knees before someone helped me to a bench. I had left my oxygen in my truck, as I was not using it 24/7 at that time. Realized that my oxygen level fell so low that I began to blackout. Needless to say that was my last trip without oxygen.

April 11, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Marble Falls, AR

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Worcester, MA