Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alabama

I have copd for little over a year..april22 of this year my chest was hurting and I had indigestion it was all nite....then it happen again 2 weeks later and then it became often so I went to the e.r. And the heart doctor said my heart was fine so now I know it not my heart ...it didn't go away so my g.i. Doctor gave me a endoscopy and everything was fine...so I call my pulmonary doctor and told her my chest was hurting and I have heart burn and I have indigestion and she said ....I am sorry but… read more

July 4, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I bought a inexpensive pill at Costco which works fine... Eat slow and chew you food good...and not to much at a time...Good luck...

August 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I drink a little Pepsi quickly makes me belch and relieves CV best pain

July 18, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My Dr. prescribed Omeprozole. It also can be bought OTC. It's for acid reflux (heartburn)

July 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Barbara I suffer the same I find I get relief by taking bicarbonate soda half a tea spoon in a little warm water ( baking soda ) it's not a nice taste but it settles the heartburn hope that helps have a good day everyone Dorothy Hartlepool UK 🇬🇧

July 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I had a burning sensation in my chest once,my head was getting clogged,this went on for a couple of days, I was trying Sprivia, for the first time. I was also taking other meds.and I had just finished having radiation treatments for cancer, so I quit taking sprivia, non of my doctors could explain what happened, or that I did the right thing.but by stopping the sprivia I got rid of the burning in my chest. I am not telling you to do this.my chest hurts from heartburn once in a while,but this is a different pain. and I take meds. for that, plus sometimes I drink soda pop to help, for me this works. breath easy, good luck finding a new doctor, keep in touch and let us know.

July 6, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Apache Junction, AZ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In