Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sun City Center, FL
July 26, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It's a combination of a Long acting bronchodilator (LABA) and a Long acting anticholingegic (LAMA). There are a number of these combinations available all coming in the last two or three years. The combinations seem to work pretty well for some people, though there are those who need an inhaled corticosteroid as well. Bevespi is take twice a day; there are others that are once a day only. This class of medication is used with people who want to try to avoid the steroid; some can and others find they really need the steroid to do well. Try it to find out how you do with it.

July 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Bevespi. The effect for me has been quite the opposite. I was on Incruze since March of this year. Since my pulmonary doctor told the Sprivia the capsule type would soon end. Even though I took Incruze after night before sleep. I would wake up out of breath in the morning. Finding I had to Pro-Air a few minutes after getting up. Since I have switched to Bevespi. That symptom has completely gone now. Must as they say patient react differently to medications of this type. Like you I had to get non-formulary approval from insurance company. It does cost a bit more on my part. But it is worth it is reduces my symptoms.

August 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Call the company they helped me pay for mine

April 5, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for the information. So far it seems to be working better than the use of Incruze.

July 28, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Menomonee Falls, WI