Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH

Can someone with really bad COPD participate in Pulmonary Rehab? Can oxygen saturation levels improve with Rehab? Thanks to all.

July 28, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I couldn't walk very far, but on rehab, I ended up walking for 20 minutes on the treadmill. They also check your walk before and after to see if you improved. Most people do. Thing is, is to keep up with the treadmill or walking if possible.

August 4, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Pulmonary rehab has helped immensely. I can not say enough about it. Definitely worth the time, money and effort. I believe any one can participate no matter how bad off you are. Call your doctor it is worth it

July 28, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you. I did go to Pulmonary Rehab Sept. thru Nov. last year. It was really good and it helped. But now I feel I've gotten so bad. I even exercised at home for a couple months afterwards and did fine. I slacked off after that because I was stressed and had to pack up and move so it set me back a couple months. But I am scheduled for an assessment again in August. So I guess that will tell if I still qualify. Blessings my friend!

July 28, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That is a great question and I have to respond from the feedback I get from fellow SOBs of our support group in town. Most say it helps them to maintain levels and they express their gains at participating in the Pulmonary program run by the YMCA & YWCA sponsored by Northern Health as a dual program for heart and lung. At stage 4 I have not taken the program as I prefer to slog it out doing what property chores I can !

July 28, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes you can and they have oxygen there so they'll put you and I could if you need oxygen and sometimes some Teeple exercise with the oxygen tank go to have a good day

July 29, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Detroit, MI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Buffalo, NY