Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Arlington, TX

I had visited my Pulmonary doctor day before surgery at which time he advised I be added to lung transplant list. After surgery and use of breathing tube I could breathe much better! Could a breathing tube re-expand my lungs? The following day I was very sore thru that area and this is only explanation I can come up with.
Thanks

August 19, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Don't draw money from retirement to pay medical bills. File for Medicaid. Go on welfare, food for food stamps. Go to the county and City for Assistance. You just can't wait for SSDI, you have to be proactive.

August 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Waiting on SSDI is very devastating. I have not had any kind of income coming into my home since November 2016. I have had to rely on Ppl to pay my bills for me. It's a shame that Ppl with a sickness like this can't get immediate SSDI, I c drug users taking their checks and buying dope. The government system really sucks. I'm at the point to where I'm ready to withdraw my retirement out of my SERS account so that I can get these medical bills paid.

August 19, 2017 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That's the sad thing...I do have an attorney. It's been 2 1/2 years since first denial and requested a hearing May 2016...Still waiting

August 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would suggest seeing an attorney who specializes in SS and SSDI .

August 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It was a surgery to remove a cyst on my larynx. I'm hoping it does last awhile. I start a new "temp" job next week. Waiting on SSDI has completely devastated us.

August 19, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fayetteville, AR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In