Has anyone had a nuclear stress test. I have heard a lot of bad thing about and and scared to death. Have one schedule this Tuesday. And info or input whatbto expect would be very helpful. Thanks so much in advanced. God Bless! Sincerely cegodwin
Shuffles is absolutely correct. My heart rate was raised via an injection, and before I realized it they were already bringing my heart rate back down. Doctor supervised test. judg69
That is nothing to worry about. What they do is they shoot a chemical into your veins and it races your heart to see how the heart beats and functions under stress. It does the same thing to your heart as if you were on a treadmill. They read the results on a monitor while you are laying on the bed. Some say you feel like you are going to pass out. I didn't I really didn't feel anything. They kept asking me if my heart felt like it was racing but, really it didn't feel to bad at all. NO PAIN>
@A MyCOPDTeam Member I too was worried about increasing my heart rate, but it is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. Just relax and don't worry about it any more. It is really nothing. :-)
I had one about 2 months ago also, it is not bad, actually may be one of the easiest teats you will ever have. You may feel a little bit of anxiety but I think that is mostly due to just not knowing what to expect. I was worried about getting short of breath during the test, but really never did do that so I think you can relax. The only thing to fear is fear itself.
As a matter of fact, I had one about three weeks ago. It's nothing to fear. They take lots of pictures of your heart before injecting you with anything. Then they inject you with a nuclear chemical and bring your heart rate up, either through exercise or through another chemical. During this time, you are being closely monitored to ensure no problems arise from the increased cardiac activity, and then the heart rate is brought back down to normal. After that, it's just more pictures being taken. It is painless and nothing to be concerned about. It just gives the cardiologist more information about the condition of your heart. I too was anxious over this test, but found the test interesting and nothing to be concerned about. Please don't put yourself through a lot of needless stress; this test is neither painful nor dangerous.