Answer Summary
Members shared many creative ways to avoid depression and cabin fever when stuck indoors due to cold weather, with a strong theme of staying... Read more
I am an outdoor person through and through, but now I can't stay out too much because of bwlow freezing temps about 3 to 4 months a year so I am teaching myself to play the keyboard. I am not that good YET but I love it
It's the hot humid weather that kills me.
I am on oxygen 24/7 its been a change that's for sure. I paint, I take old things and make them new again. Things for my yard, christmas anything that i can get my hands on. Just little things nothing big. Its relaxing and I love the process and watching it change, makes me feel useful.
Depression is deadly yet keeping ourselves active is a challenge with copd yet possible. Being able to talk with family or friends can be a tonic in its self . Feeling your alone in the world id debilitating ! Far too often we choose to isolate ourselves as it means we can avoid the issues that depress us. Having someone to talk with even a good listener, pets help alot as caring for them you have to care for yourself. Keep a diary stay busy even one`s faith can help do not fear reaching out for help !
I don’t think about what I can’t do but what I can do. I also don’t think this disease will kill me because I could die at any time in a car accident. So something else could easily take me. I do, however, choose to be happy each day and be involved in lots of charity work- I’m Stage 3 - usually go on 6 trips a year - no oxygen- workout 3-4 times a week and stay as active and upbeat as I can. My pulmonologist is wonderful- young and on top of things. Positive attitude and being grateful is everything. I’m fighting a lung infection now and sinus infection now- but my trip to Tucson was awesome and the hot air balloon ride on my birthday the best present ever!!! I’m 66. Live, love, and laugh. Breathe easy friend. Hugs!