Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Van Buren, AR
November 16, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Debra some what agree with you. My oxygen levels are always in the low 90's, but my physician put me on oxygen at 2L constantly to improve my breathing. I only use it when I try to do something, and get extremely short of breath. I do however sleep at night using my oxygen conentrator machine. It helps a lot

November 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think the dr. starts u off at a number then goes from there

November 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm not a medical professional; I'm just a patient like you. I've had this disease since 1985, so I should have learned a few things!

November 18, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

James, you were born dependent on O2. Now you need a boost to be able to continue living. Are you exercising on a daily basis? If not, talk with your doc about a pulmonary rehab program or starting an independent exercise program. Exercising, and taking advantage of the O2 you do have, will help you get stronger and be able to do a lot more with less O2. Start slow and build the intensity of the exercise every week or so and you'll be amazed at what you can do. You might even find that you can do some things without O2. You need to do both aerobic exercise and strengthening exercises every day.

November 18, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank Y’all for all the info, I do realize we need it just I have been fighting my dependence on it forever it seems. It is a big restriction in my eyes, I kick myself everyday for having had that rotten habit of smoking. Just determined to keep fighting for my freedom to Breath Easy...

November 18, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oaklyn, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Utica, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Waterloo, ON