Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 25, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

James I don't know about your insurance, but if I don't use my machine at least 5 hrs a day my ins won't pay and they will pick up the machine. I have had mine about 18 months and it has taken a lot to get use to, my mouth and nose stay dry also as you said. The biggest problem I have had with it is I seem to swallow a lot of the air which as you know puts gas on you so I take quite a few gas x pills. At the end of the day we have to get use to it because we can't let that Co continue to build up, I am also on oxygen 24/7. Good luck and just keep trying ,

November 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I try to but my mouth and throat dries out so bad even have water hooked to it... don’t usually get near 4 hours, o well keep trying

November 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use my Trilogy any time, my dr told me to use mine 4 hrs on then 4 hrs off.

November 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It’s a breathing machine like a Bipap , Diana. U can hook Oxy to it.

November 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've never used either, but I understand that the Trilogy can be used any time. The bi-pap isn't as easy to use while awake and alert, but it's certainly possible.

November 25, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Van Buren, AR

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Knox, IN