Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Just the process has sent me into an Aniexty overload and I have many more tests to do, is it worth it? The doctor said I should live another two years, plus he said it another type of quality of life plus at least 32 pills daily for anti rejection?

January 17, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No point in getting anxious over the test results; they are what they are. Learn all you can about the process and your COPD. That way you'll have all the information necessary to determine what YOU want to do. Some people decide not to do it even if they are eligible to be listed; some decide the chance of a new set of lungs and normal breathing even given the meds you'll be on forever is well worth it. If you don't complete the tests you'll never know if it was ever a possibility. Knowledge is power; take advantage of it.

January 17, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think its just going from one problem to another kind of problems. I was told I cant have one to far gone so I live with what I have . A person I know got one and passed a year later .He went through a lot so makes you wonder is it worth it.Theres so much drugs and other things to keep you going after .

January 18, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

After just going though back fusion last July was enough surgery for me. I think the 6 hour surgery knocked me down a little...breathing has seemed worse since then. I don't think I'd ever think of a transplant and also don't think it would even be considered at my age

January 20, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I might would consider it if that is the only way to live. Doesnt sound too effective.

January 19, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Life is a crap shoot at best there is no rhyme or reason for alot of what we encounter along the path so to speak. I for one would take a chance on a transplant but it is not to be, oh! well lets get on with it !

January 18, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Leicester, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Orrs Island, ME

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In