You may not be getting over them completely. Talk with your doc and ask what his long term treatment plan for you is. Getting a sputum culture may help to find out what the bug is and get the specific antibiotic for that bug. You could also ask him about Daliresp or azithromycin three times a week. Both tgreatments work to reduce the inflammation and mucous production, thereby decreasing exacerbations. If you're not seeing a pulmo, get a referral. You need to see someone who really knows COPD and most PCPs are pretty inexperienced in that.
Usually it is viral but then it can be complicated by a bacterial infection. See your pulmonologist for treatment and get rest so you can get well.
I did see the nurse and she has asked me for a phlegm sample but I can only seem to bring up little bits it just won’t budge
Thank you I will make an appointment to see my doctor .