Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Armstrong, BC

Is it possible to have exacerbations with mild to moderate COPD? If so, what are some of the symptoms you've experienced?

November 28, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The definition of an exacerbation is a worsening of your typical COPD symptoms that requires medical intervention to get rid of. The situation you describe may cause an exacerbation; many people have bad reactions to urine, smoke and mold. I know you're going to a new condo in a couple of weeks, but I would suggest that you move out now, find a place to stay that isn't contaminated by urine, smoke and mold. Staying there could end up seriously compromising your health, leading to severe illness, hospitalization and lung damage you can't recover from. You don't want that.

Learning about COPD is critical to managing and controlling it. Learning how YOU react to things because of YOUR COPD is critical to staying healthy and out of the hospital. There is good information on this site. I'd highly recommend www.copdfoundation.org as a site with excellent information found under the "Learn More" tab.

November 29, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm so sorry to hear that about your son-in-law. That is callous !! Unbelievable!!! Plan B would be an air purifier keep close to you. They are good for mould also. I have two in my house and a small one in my truck. Breathe eze my friend

December 1, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member It really sounds like one to me. Yes your apartment probably brought it on. I think you should go see your dr and see what he/she says. You don't want to get worse and end up in hospital. 😺

November 29, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Have someone hook a little one to your machine that you plug in the wall

December 20, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member, Yes, the COPD foundation in the states is a great site to visit. I've appreciated reading what you and others have said about and experienced during an onset. Thanks for your input. @A MyCOPDTeam Member

November 30, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Friendship, WI