I have COPD. I consider it to be mild. I use albuterol twice a day, and I have a nebulizer too. Lately I have been coughing when I go to bed and I cough up a lot of sputum now. Is this another “stage “ of COPD? Thank you all for your input.
Coughing up phlegm is a GREAT thing, getting rid of it is the best!!
My wife always hated when I would cough it up. I told her I was making room for more air. Truly you will breathe easier for it.
I'm at the stage that I do coughing a session schedule every day to breathe easier.
An increase in coughing and sputum production can indicate progression from mild (Stage 1) to moderate (Stage 2) COPD. Stage 2 COPD typically includes these key symptoms:
• Chronic cough
• Increased phlegm production, especially after waking
• More noticeable shortness of breath
• Sleep issues
• Fatigue that doesn't Show Full Answer
Thank you so much for your answer!!!