Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Port Monmouth, NJ

I am totally exhausted after a shower. Although I use my oxygen at the time, I still have shortness of breath. I'm thinking of a shower chair. Has anyone used one and does it help any at all?

February 4, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It can help quite a lot. Another thing you can do is to put a chair in the bathroom and put a big terry cloth robe on it that you can slip into right out of the shower. That way you can sit right down and dry off with the robe without using a towel. It helps a lot.

February 4, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Love my shower chair. It really takes the strain away and makes things so much easier. Hair washing becomes simple. Getting out into Terri robe makes it 100 times less stretching then trying to towel off. I then go to my favorite chair watch TV or play on iPad. I get rested nicely so it’s easier to get dressed. It’s a production but feel great when it’s all done.

February 6, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Showers are exhausting for me. I was surprised when placed on oxygen and doctor told me to use it 24/7 including and especially in the shower. He said taking a shower has to be exhausting and he was right once I thought about it. I have a built in shower seat which I use when shaving my legs lol! I always plan ahead and have a planned resting period of about 30 minutes after my shower before I get dressed or anything else. I hope this helps.

February 5, 2018 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I can't take a shower without my chair I love get don't waist time get one

March 6, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You all basicly have the subject described exactly!!!but you guys need to be careful with cranking up your O/2!you could give yourself hypoxia,ive had it twice and its not fun!!!hypoxia is where you get too much O/2 that your lungs dont expell the carbon monoxide out of your blood and then your blood cant carry any O/2!your breathing,but you feel like your suffocating!!!and if you live alone,be carefull,you might not even know you have it!because to you,everythings normal!but its not!!!for example,i tried turning down a ashtray because it was too loud!!!my cousin and my nephew realized something wrong and took me to the ER!!!sorry if i too long winded!!!!

February 18, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Georgetown, IN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bahamas