Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Richmond, TX

Like soaking wet, have to change clothes and bed sheets? You would think I had been standing out in a rain storm lol. But no fever, I got up and checked, and no SOB during sleep that I'm aware of.. temps inside house are around 70°, and everyone says they are either comfortable or alittle cold. Just wondering if this is another new copd symptom I have to look forward to, or if it's something else.

February 20, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They're not just night sweats , you can get them any time . Like after eating or doing an activity , or after doing a medication ,like Advair and /or Atrovent , and yes after eating and then sitting down . It is not Psychological it is Physiological as I have measured forehead Temp at 97.6 and side of my neck and upper back at 101.8. A cool wet washcloth soothes and quickly relieves this. I would imagine it is the condition of the lungs , circulation and bronchio-dilaters in the inhalers or nebulizers that cause these symptoms. Sometimes also it will occur overnight during sleep. I keep temp in the house at 70 farenheit , so inevitably there are times when i feel chilled and hot at the same time. My pulmonologist plays dumb and say he don't know why , but it seems to be a common phenomenon amongst Emphysema sufferers.

April 25, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I get same problem even throw the day

February 20, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

After I shower…. even then I sweat
a lot!

February 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I have terrible night sweats. I change several times a night because I am soaked!

February 4, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I am way past menopause and started getting severe night sweats, sheets soaked, hair wet. It seems to have started after I started using trelegy. Anyone else experience this side effect with trelegy?

January 8, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glenville, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Baxley, GA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
CHESHIRE United Kingdom

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In