Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Navarre, FL

When you first started on this site did you have trouble understanding it? What was the hardest thing? Like how to do things like post, get intouch with someone pacific, or to go on someone elses page? There are a lot of new members that are having a hard time. We lose alot of members because of this. Do you have any suggestions on what we can do to help new members. My suggestion is that everyone who welcomes a new member to give a crash course on how to do things. What are your thoughts?

February 24, 2018
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members candidly shared their frustrations with navigating the site, with recurring challenges including finding notifications, locating past... Read more

Members candidly shared their frustrations with navigating the site, with recurring challenges including finding notifications, locating past posts, connecting with specific team members, and understanding basic functions like tagging someone with the @ symbol. Several members offered practical guidance, such as using the Quick Links section under notifications for Getting Started instructions, reaching out to ambassadors (whose profiles are framed in orange) for help, and directing technical suggestions to admin through the Contact Us option. A recurring theme was the community's willingness to help each other learn despite the site's learning curve, with members emphasizing patience, asking questions without hesitation, and recognizing that even longtime users are still figuring things out together.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Hello it has been a spell since I last putout a hello and a hug your way. I like the idea of a welcome letter/notice that would help alot I bet ! Breathe easy !

March 8, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you also Brother and your totally right. This site let's me deal with my emotions through communicating with others who are in the same predicament as me. If I want professional advise I call my doctor who I might add calls me back within a few hours.

February 26, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Well I learned something today as I have had some issues with understanding this site. I did not know about the @ sign. Thanks for that info. Lynda

March 9, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I been on here about 2 months and still not used to how it al works

March 9, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm a PC Geek and longtime internet user so I can usually figure out what I need to - eventually. However, I DO think a more prominent/obvious Help button/text link would be extremely helpful. The "quick start" didn't help me much. I suspect that maybe site navigation info and tips are buried somewhere in the FAQs or Getting Started info. That's not the same to me as "How do I.....?" I don't remember from when I first started her if there was a Welcome letter/notice with specific tips. If so that might be helpful.

March 8, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ont Canada