Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I'm on oxygen when I go to bed I've got a concentrator by my bed an the city came out around noon that day an shut our eletric off well I seen a city truck in our alley I thought that they where reading the meters so I went on about my business well I went to the bath room to wash up for lunch I notice that he lite wouldn't come so I thought that it was a blown bulb so I went into the kitchen the lites wasn't on in our refrigerator so I called city hall they ask me what my address was an I told… read more

April 15, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree. Should be discount for people with oxygen

April 29, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes here in California they shut you off. I think you can have the dr fill out a form and then they can't. But it's happened to me several times. They don't care.

April 23, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’m in the uk and every 3 months I get a rebate of roughly £250 towards my electricity but my concentrated doesn’t even use that much on 24/7 also I’m on home non invasive ventilation 24/7 we have a vulnerable list to make sure my supply is never off but the rebate sure does help

October 13, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When we lived in Maine I was shocked to see an $800 electric bill the first month Steve was on oxygen 24/7. I called the electric company and told them he was on oxygen. I was told they can't shut us off for non-payment. They added us to a list (don't know what list) and every bill I received after that had gradually higher amounts in the used columns, but "pay this amount" always said $0.00.

Needless to say, when we arrived in Alabama and I was late paying my $1300 bill (outrageous!) But they quickly informed me that my power WOULD be cut off and that my husband could go to the hospital for his oxygen.

July 4, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They did the same to me as well and told me if I pay then it would be back on until then he can't do anything I'm on a fix income and just paid 430 the month before then I get a bill for 365 and they said it's a disconnect because I only paid 425 so my bill rolled over on top of that my lights was off for two days a wk before cause someone hit the box so like 3 or more areas was out for 24 hours food destroy and all I wasn't in town thank goodness I been in Birmingham for to long from Ohio Birmingham will not help u with nothing I Dnt like a hand out but at least care and give ppl a chance to get things done I had COVID in Jan and anyone that's blessed to overcome it takes time to get back together ..🤔

July 18, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ludington, MI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St. Paul, MN