Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK

I have seen my COPD nurse and she hasn't ever heard of this but it's very debilitating. I need some answers please.

October 12, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

bossy, My Pulmonologist told me it has to do with the adrenaline response from your body getting low on O2. Fight or flight syndrome as it were, no need to hold your pee in if you are in fear for your life :) Body's choice not yours. All I can do is try to catch it before it leaks and stand still until my pursed lip breathing allows me to move again.

October 24, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

This is pretty typical. You probably should check with your doc about the urge to pee. There are a whole truckload of reasons that might occur, some related to COPD and many not. The big thing with COPD is that when our O2 sats go down below 88, the brain send the O2 we do have to vital areas, like the heart and brain. The bladder doesn't make the cut, so that's why you have the urge. Your doc can do a six minute walk test to see if you need supplementary O2 when exerting. That's the first thing to do; then get some of the other things checked out.

October 12, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a runny nose most of the time. I think it is from my oxygen. I get short of breath and have to stand still to regain my breathing and I end up hyperventilating which causes my body to not deliver enough oxygen to the rest of my organs including my kidneys. When this happens it causes me to lose control of my kidneys.

November 27, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Any of your big box stores (walgreens walmart target etc) I just saw my dr yesterday and explained how scared my husband n I got when could not get air (and was wearing the pull ups depends well worth the egnigma) Go to their website and see if they have coupons. again I do not hesitate to use. Been so grateful several times.

November 14, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes when my body is trying to get air and i am struggling found that depends pull ups for adults is the easist way to handle that problem. I was embarrased at first - now don't care, better than changing clothes every few hours

November 8, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alton, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Port Monmouth, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In