Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brackley, UK

I have an Idea that things we go through in our time in the services might have an influence on our getting COPD

October 29, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Family would not let me sign up but my brother joined, my Aunt was Air Force, and my dad and 2 uncles were Army.... Gramma had 6 kids and 3 were in WW2 and 1 joined right after when she turned 18. I did the same job for a city police department that my aunt did for the Air Force.

October 29, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was in the Army 98th Training Division from 1969 to 1975. I never smoked till then. In my unit almost everyone smoked and cigs were 23 cents a pack.

November 2, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Army

October 29, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you got cigarettes along with your ration packs and learned to smoke in the service or were exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam and you have COPD, both certainly contributed. Both things cause COPD, along with a bunch of other things as well. I don't know about Desert Storm or Afghanistan or Iraq.

October 29, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yep air force

October 29, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fenton, MI