Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cheboygan, MI

Was wondering if there is a way that works well taking breo ellipta and incruse together?

December 4, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Interesting that you are taking Breo and Incruse. Incruse is a LAMA, and Breo is an ICS. What you're not getting in that combination is a good Long Acting Beta Agonist (LABA), such as Serevent, Brovana, Performist, Arcapta or Striverdi. You can take the two you are taking in any order you want and at the same times during the day if that helps.

In your shoes I would be asking my pulmonologist why she's not including a LABA in the mix. Typically, for people in the moderate to severe range, you'd have a LAMA, LABA and an ICS. That would be consistent with the Gold standard as well as the standard suggested by the COPD Foundation and ATS. What you're getting isn't considered best practice at any stage of COPD. There may be a perfectly good reason why your doc has done this, but you should know what that reason is. If you don't have a pulmonologist, you should have one so you're sure you're being prescribed the best meds for you.

December 4, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hope it works for you I had the spireva and did not work for me they put me on an inhaler called incruse still not working so put me on an inhaler called trelegy

December 11, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Just started on the breo a little over a week ago and the incruse 9 days ago.my Dr. Says it takes about one month before they start working effectively,told me not to so impatient because I don't take them even for 4;days and if I feel they aren't working I ask him for something else or just go back to my old meds without asking.I have to stay on the corticosteroid I am on now.I was on symbicort and it totally quit working.I was on that for 3 yes and spiriva respimat for three years too.

December 12, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Breo is working OK ,but it seems to be taking awhile for the Incruse to kick in.I don't knohow long it normally takes .I have only been on it one week.This is the first time I have switched inhalers in 3 yrs.I was on symbicort and spiriva respimat.The symbicort completely quit working for me and I was getting a lot of bad side effects from the spiriva respimat,such as dizziness,back pain and I was getting tired of it.But it seems like they all have side effects on your back.having the same with these but not as bad.

December 11, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Roland for the information and the add hope you're well

December 11, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cheboygan, MI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toledo, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colbert, GA