Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sandwich, MA

After many frequent ER visits, drs. said my eosiniphiles are high(.no allergies or parasites.)
I know that can be with severe asthma. Had many ct scans, chest x-rays etc. all neg.
Have been told my FEV1 is 46%. I guess I am not sure if this is copd.
or something that manifests itself as copd. thank you...I'd appreciate any thoughts Nancy.

December 13, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Ybarra @A MyCOPDTeam Member,

Thx for your posts. I have never smoked at all my life.

I agree that 46% sounds like COPD... dr. said maybe an overlap of
severe asthma/ copd.
Time will tell.
Thank you all... very much appreciated.

I hope you are breathing easy today... xx Nancy

December 16, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There has been a biologic that was recently approved for use with asthma. Since many of the meds we use were originally vetted for asthma, it's clear that there is a connection. If your eosinophil count is high, use of this biologic has been tried successfully, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least try it. You're lucky your doc is that familiar with recent developments and research!

December 14, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi I have a COPD UNDERLINING EMPHASEMA and yes I have not nust looked into stem cell treatments but also have had one of 2 done. I am end stage been on oxygen for 11 years my 1st treatment was the 10th of Sept. and I definately do not regret my decision my quality of life has improved intil I got cocky and went out and caught a cold lol. I have a sinus issue holding me back from my second treatment but will be going in a few weeks. Fev1 has to be at a certain percent and your breathing test has to be as well they di a breathing test when I arrived I did a point .93 and I went to my pulminologist end of Sept and I blew 1.43 on my test. I could talk without losing my breath or using an inhaler to have a conversation, my bathroom is at the opposite side of the house from my room there and back took a minute always had to stop use inhaler catch my breath half way there and same coming back. After treatment didnt have to stop any more not a cure quality counts in end stage

December 13, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

FEV1 can be related to COPD.Also if you have server asthma is also connected with COPD.

December 13, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Prayer

December 15, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
LA CA 90043

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Swindon, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oaklyn, NJ