Yes I've been using Nutella for about 9 months now it's supposed to slow down flares and I haven't had a severe flare since I started it.
One injection once every 4 weeks.
September 13
It sounds like the question is: "Has anyone tried any of the new biologic injections for COPD yet?"
One biologic that has been approved for certain people with COPD is Nucala (mepolizumab). It's an injectable medication that may help reduce flare-ups, particularly for those with a specific type of inflammation in their Show Full Answer
It sounds like the question is: "Has anyone tried any of the new biologic injections for COPD yet?"
One biologic that has been approved for certain people with COPD is Nucala (mepolizumab). It's an injectable medication that may help reduce flare-ups, particularly for those with a specific type of inflammation in their airways.
Here are a few things worth knowing about biologics for COPD:
- They are typically considered when other treatments haven't provided enough relief
- They target specific pathways in the body that drive inflammation
- Not everyone with COPD will qualify — a doctor will assess whether it's the right fit based on your specific situation
- Like all medications, they can carry risks and side effects, so a thorough conversation with your doctor is really important
It's always a good idea to ask your pulmonologist whether a biologic might be appropriate for your particular case. Members of MyCOPDTeam have been discussing newer treatment options, so it may be worth exploring those conversations to hear real-world experiences from others in a similar situation.
September 12
Thank you, I picked up mine to start today.
September 15
Ok, that sounds great! I will be starting DUPIXENT this Monday.
September 13