Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

The insert with the Anoro says not to use with any other anticholinergic. But, if I understand it correctly, ipratropium is an anticholinegic. Is anyone else using this combination safely? I seem more out of breath since I started the Anoro.But this is only my 3rd day.Maybe my body just hasn't got used to it yet?

July 25, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members discussed using Anoro alongside nebulizer treatments like ipratropium, with several noting concerns about combining two... Read more

Members discussed using Anoro alongside nebulizer treatments like ipratropium, with several noting concerns about combining two anticholinergic medications and the importance of consulting a doctor or pharmacist about potential interactions. A helpful observation was raised that switching from Breo to Anoro means losing the ICS component, which could explain increased breathlessness, and members suggested using albuterol first during nebulizer treatments to open airways. A recurring theme was the emotional and physical challenges of managing COPD, with members offering encouragement, coping tips like puzzles to ease breathing anxiety, and support for those dealing with fatigue, depression, and limited help at home.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am on anoro and seems to be working for about 1 year now.

Easy breathing

August 2, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When you are taking your nebulizer meds anD you need to take albuterol, you should always take that first because it opens up your airways. Just a thought. Hugs!!

July 26, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There is a warning note to use two anticholinergics, but jury is still out on the potential long-term effects, especially of the inhaled anticholinergics. I know people and pulmos who wouldn't ever use them together, and others who seem to think it's a fine idea.

There's something else to consider here. Breo is a LABA/ICS combination. Anoro is a LAMA/LABA combination. You're no longer getting the ICS with your new meds and that may be why you're having trouble with the Anoro. I would talk with this new doc about that.

July 26, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

my lung specialist told me, if I'm useing any drug, and if I'm not feeling better in 24 hours, then stop on it, and lets find what will work.

August 6, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No nebulizer

Easy breathing

August 4, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Vida, OR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In