Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Orlando, FL

Does anyone have a problem with mucus in the back of the throat ? I can keep my sinus clear but I have mucus in the back of the throat, mostly on the right side just past the end of the upper right side, at times it makes it so I can't swalllow the siliva in my mouth, feels like my tongue is blocking the passageway. I have tried irrigation with saline, sinus spray, irrigation machine, steam, etc and nothing seems to work. After a couple of hours it seems to go away. It happens mostly at night… read more

December 30, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Check with your doc or see an ENT. What you're describing could be a symptom of something larger than "just weird". so get it checked out. Maybe the doc will have a suggestion that will help.

December 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I find hot water with lemon and ginger really helps, even inhaling the steam. Also, if able a hot shower helps too, the steam. If the shower head us aimed at chest, very helpful. Mucinex also helps. Good luck hope you're able to get some relief.

December 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I regurgitate it up and then I am in better shape until the next morning..

December 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thrush...?? Can cause the same things you are describing...
Rapp

December 30, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member
December 30, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Reno, NV

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In