Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Highland, IL
January 18, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

yes I have a saviair purifier it runs 24-7,it does help,if you cannot afford aan expensive one you can make one from a regular fan about 2ft square and mount a good quality furnace filter to it and its just as good as some of those expensive hepa aircleaners,there are the filters that mount as airpurifiers on your furnace and are about inch thick,works well.

January 19, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just started using one in my bedroom 1 month ago and I can tell a difference when I head to my nest in the evenings--I keep the filter clean clean clean !

January 24, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

We have a large air purifier in our living room and it really does help to filter the dust and pet dander out.

January 19, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Lana:

I doubt an air purifier offers direct help for people like us (such as a rescue inhaler like Ventolin or medicines like Spiriva), but I DO think that we benefit from breathing cleaner air produced by a purifier.

Check out this link for more info: https://www.airpurifiers.com/pages/best-air-pur...

Let us know if you buy a purifier and how it works for you.

Good luck,

Ryan

January 18, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

we have a whole house air oxider, its cleans the air for a 2500 sq ft in about 3 hrs, plus add 02 to the air, I have cats, dogs, and rugrats all the time, they all carry germs, dander, and who's know what the rugrats drag in, I thinks its really helps, cleans and sanitizes the air and smells so fresh, only issue with it, it gives off a oder that I cant handle, sorta has a choline smell to it while its starts cleaning,we also burn wood, and my wife still smokes so we use it at nite, and wake up to a fresh smelling home and mostly germ free, I know other people get single room air purifiers and love them, they can run from inexpensive to out off sight for hepta installed systems which include your homes a/c and heat, the best I can tell is try a small room one see if you like it, then go from there for what you want

January 18, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jamaica, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In